Important things to remember.
1. The world doesn’t revolve around you.
It revolves around me. Each person is it’s own microcosm and its very own sun, so YOU might thing that things revolve around you, but so will your best friend and your siblings and THAT’S FINE.
2. If you’re feeling out of the loop and that makes you angry? You get two choices: make your own loop and enjoy what happens in it, or shove yourself into the other loop and make your own space there. Getting angry because others are enjoying something you’re not part off? Makes you a toddler.
3. Try as we might, most of humanity AREN’T mind readers - and I’m leaving that most since, hey, what do I know, right - so most people WON’T be able to magically guess that you are angry or upset if you don’t speak. And by speak I mean ‘hey, I’m angry about this’ rather than a very passive aggressive ‘YOU should know why’. Own your anger and hurt feelings and VOICE them.
4. The only person who is responsible for your emotional well being is you. Yes, being with others might make you happy and you might have a significant other who brightens or dampens your day, but, in the end, the one who is going to make you happy is yourself. YOU are responsible of doing the right things for yourself, doing the things you like or what fulfills you. That someone else doesn’t like you, or that they like someone else sucks, but it’s YOU the one who has to stand up. Stop wanting someone else to carry you because, let’s face it, it’s not going to happen.
5. Romantic movies and stories and manga and whatever are great hobbies if they are to your taste. However, please, be aware that they arefictional.Very, very few people will actually get that kind of love story - and, again, using this because hey, what do I know - but this? Doesn’t make their love any less true. Romantic fiction is idealized and set with a very focused storyline that is already planned. In real life? Things don’t happen like that. So if you’re sitting down waiting for the perfect person that will accept you like you and who’ll love your everything? You’re going to be sitting down for a very freaking long time and *nothing will happen*. Make your own stories happen.
6. Because it bears repeating: passive agressiveness is tiring in a five years old. If you’re older than that, it’s not only tiring, it’s fucking annoying. Own up to your fucks up, own up to your bad feelings and own to your voice and speak. up.