No. They’re not just simple kids’ books. They are stories that we are continuing to read even today. They’re stories that we remember years later, even when other stories fade from our memories. They’re stories we will never forget, and for good reason! They’re stories that helped shape our childhoods, through well thought-out writing, imaginative drawings and endearing morals. And the idea of THIS shaping somebody’s childhood—the fact that it even has the same NAME—just makes me sick to my stomach. Maybe these “simple kids’ books” are far more adult than you give them credit for. And I guarantee you that’ll show: years from now when kids AND adults will still be reading these “simple kids’ books”, while pandering bullshit like this disappears out of people’s consciousness. Also for good reason. Good art doesn’t come from focus groups and statistics! It comes from people who share how they see things in their own unique way.
Nostalgia Critic, The Cat in the Hat Movie Review
And here are all the pretty soldier fancy naval officers of your choice. With a bonus.
All of them were tweaked/cleaned up in some way or another. Some of the designs were reviewed/modified. I also tried to make their planet symbols on the… belt things a bit clearer.
See captions (full view) for details on what was done for each senshi. If you want to compare with/view the originals:
Disney Princesses In Accurate Period Costume.
SLEEPING BEAUTY (1485).
POCAHONTAS (17TH CENTURY POWAHTAN).
CINDERELLA (MID 1860’S)
JASMINE (PRE-ISLAMIC MIDDLE EAST)
SNOW WHITE (16TH CENTURY GERMANY).
BELLE (1770’S FRENCH COURT FASHION).
Megara (Ancient Greece)
Mulan (Ancient China)
Rapunzel (18th Century)
I’ve reblogged this 6 times probably
Self-loathing is not a fucking character-builder. It doesn’t make you stronger. It doesn’t make you better. It’s just an ever-deepening, creepy-ass trap; a trap that is a huge moneymaker for corporations that do not have and never will have good intentions. You’re not disgusting. You’re not freakish. You’re not ugly. And you’re never going to be perfect. And holy shit, that is so okay.
why do we have butt cheeks i dont understand why did we evolve this way
what use do butt cheeks have
oh my god I HAVE THIS KNOWLEDGE
fun fact: butt-cheeks are one of the things that make us superior to other animals okay note that other apes do not have butt-cheeks
okay don’t quote me on this because I only did sixthform-bio and I’m sure of forgotten loads of stuff but here’s the down-low
back when we were evolving from ape to human, one of the most important things that happened was when our spine started meeting our brains at a sort of 90 degree angle instead of like 45 degrees, which meant that we could straighten up and walk on two legs which was a pretty rad development
except alas oh no our muscles weren’t built to allow us to walk around on two legs because that requires a sort of twisty motion of your hips as opposed to whatever the fuck it is everything else does AND SO ape-people started evolving with longer, narrower waists so that our bodies could twist with every footstep and we could strut along the fashionable catwalk that is neanderthal evolution
but then once this had happened, people realised that we had an advantage over other animals and we would be better at chasing and killing them but we weren’t very good at running
so that’s when we developed the glutenus maximus which is a really badass-sounding name for the muscle in your derriere which helps us to support our spine in an upright position so we don’t get tired, and helps the legs to rotate nicely so that we can run, and has a nice big fat storage around it to help us get energy so that we can run
and that, basically, is the butt-cheek
tl;dr - butt-cheeks were the result of thousands of years of natural selection so that we could run fast and slaughter things
thank you so much for such a fabulous, informative and detailed explanation on the evolution of the butt
i feel enlightened and empowered to know my butt is for such a worthwhile purpose, so thank you
Fun fact: whenever marble displays yellow/brown-colored stains like those above, it’s the result of the marble absorbing oils.
From human hands.
Meaning that over the centuries, people have been grabbing this statue’s boobs.
Now this pic puts that scene near the end of “Idolos Rotos” in an even creepier perspective, what with the opaque mention of fluids and “opening things goddess shouldn’t have”
Include the classical fallacies “women aren’t as funny as men” and “Book is always better”
d a n g…………………….
oh ow. that really hits a bit too close to home.
I don’t mean to belittle the sentiments of this piece at all by adding to it (it’s a very effective and relatable comic!), but quite a few of my friends have been very down about this lately (the whole having nothing to offer thing)…so I just sort of want to remind them that there’s always someone who admires your work, who perhaps gets inspired by you, who maybe gets fuzzy feelings looking at your stuff. Maybe you don’t know them yet, or maybe you do but you’re too distracted by this feeling to realize it… They might be someone who watches you from afar and has the same feelings, maybe someone who you’re actually quite close to, or maybe someone you look up to.
It’s fine to feel like this, yes, but I just hope that it won’t stop you from wanting to move forward and keep going at what you like. We can’t control our feelings all the time, but I hope you don’t feel inferior around people who you think are more talented/skilled. It would sorta suck to know you’re putting someone down with the skill you’ve developed in doing what you love. I know it’s hard and sometimes you just feel plain crummy, but maybe try to let it inspire and empower you. I don’t know if it’s nice to take comfort in the fact that there will always be people ‘worse’ than you, but I hope that knowing that there will always be people ‘better’ than you will inspire and give you something to always look up at, to keep your head up. It’s hard to improve when you’re always looking down!
Again, this isn’t really a direct response to the original comic, but moreso to my friends who have been feeling very glum about the matter recently (which is a surprising lot of you)… Must be something in the weather?
If you guys ever need to talk, I’m here man. My advice sucks but I can lend an ear.
Hell, even if we’re strangers and you need to talk, just shoot me an ask.
ok this really warmed my heart wow
oh my god thats just i am cry
”Un reconocido profesor de economía de la Universidad norteamericana de Texas Tech alegó que él nunca había reprobado a uno de sus estudiantes pero que, en una ocasión, tuvo que aplazar a la clase entera.
Cuenta que esa clase le insistió que el socialismo sí funcionaba, que en ese Sistema, no existían ni pobres ni ricos, sino una total igualdad entre todos.
El profesor le propuso a sus alumnos hacer un experimento en clase sobre el socialismo: Todas las notas iban a ser promediadas y a todos los estudiantes se les asignaría la misma nota, de forma que nadie sería aplazado y nadie sacaría un sobresaliente.
Después del primer examen, las notas fueron promediadas y todos los estudiantes sacaron notable. Los estudiantes que se habían preparado muy bien estaban molestos y los estudiantes que estudiaron poco, estaban contentos.
Pero, cuando presentaron el segundo examen, los estudiantes que estudiaron poco estudiaron aún menos, y los estudiantes que habían estudiado duro decidieron no trabajar tan duro ya que no iban a lograr obtener un sobresaliente; y, así, también estudiaron menos.¡El promedio del segundo examen fue suficiente! Y nadie estuvo contento.
Pero cuando se llevó a cabo el tercer examen, toda la clase sacó insuficiente; y todos los alumnos fueron reprobados.
Las notas nunca mejoraron. Los estudiantes empezaron a pelear entre si, culpándose unos a los otros por las malas notas, hasta llegar a insultos y resentimientos mutuos, ya que ninguno estaba dispuesto a estudiar para que se beneficiara otro que no lo hacía.
Para asombro de toda la clase, ¡Todos perdieron el año! Y el profesor les preguntó si ahora entendían la razón del gran fracaso del socialismo.
Es sencillo; simplemente se debe a que el ser humano solo está dispuesto a sacrificarse trabajando duro cuando la recompensa es atractiva y justifica el esfuerzo; pero cuando el gobierno quita ese incentivo, nadie va a hacer el sacrificio necesario para lograr la excelencia.
Finalmente, el fracaso será general.
Pensamiento de A.Rogers (1931)
“No se puede multiplicar la riqueza dividiéndola”
No se si la anecdota será real, pero la enseñanza es bastante cierta. No se puede lograr progreso si igualas a todo el mundo hacia abajo.
For those abroad who wonder how Chavez makes it: most of Chavez voters heavily rely on welfare and they also see him as a charismatic leader who is going to help them sooner or later (of course we know its not going to happen but those who still trust him do). More than 50% of the population live like this and there are some others (middle class) whose business depend on government expenses and they want to continue that way. In my opinion it’s sad that those who don’t believe in hard work and respect for others and their property are still a majority in our country #Venezuela #Politics #opinion #realitybites (Taken with Instagram at Altos de Jalisco)
There are even people here in the country who doesn’t realize this.
The sudden voters are, in my opinion, poor people in the slums who saw the graffitis of “Con Chávez todo, sin Chávez plomo” (With Chavez Everything, without Chavez bullets), and because they live surrounded by the bullets of the thugs, they decided “noooooooo i dont wanna more plomo,. gonna vote for the red dude”.
So sad, and yet the truth.
Chavez ladron del pueblo
La cancion original es una maldita cancion pegajosa que encima la ponen en la radio como una canción normal en vez de como la puta propaganda que es, sin contar que todos los puntos rojos rojitos de esta ciudad la meten en el playlist “Gloria a Chavez en Miraflores” a todo gañote crispándome los nervios todavía más de lo normal (aunque al menos reconozco que es ligeramente mejor que la del “adelante comandante” y las canciones guerrilleas que suelen poner esta gente).
Esta parodia baja un poco el ardor emocional que la original me provoca, y me ahorra el trabajo de sacar mi versión ;)
If the Homestuck Game is real and we end up in the Medium
Since it will be a MASSIVE session, we will need EVERYONE’s cooperation. So I’ve decided to lay down a few ground rules.
- If you are someone’s server player, connect your host ASAP. We must NOT waste time; there will be hundreds of us launching into the medium at the same time.
- Don’t prototype anything insanely powerful before entering the medium. But PLEASE prototype BEFORE you enter.
- In the event that you meet up with fellow players in the medium (given our estimated numbers, this is highly possible), form bands together. We will ALL need help.
- As soon as the Space Players deploy into the medium, ALL KNIGHT PLAYERS, please head straight off directly and partner yourself with a Space Player. Gotta get frog breeding ASAP.
- It is highly likely that we will be confronted with extremely powerful enemies due to the amount of prototypings that will take place. This means many of us might not make it. Keep an eye out for dead or dying players.
- If you spot a dead player and have no idea which planet they’re from, and they’re not on their quest bed, immediately kiss them just IN CASE their dreamself hasn’t been revived yet.
- If you spot someone dying, immediately lend aid. Ask them which planet they came from, and what quest bed you need to lay them on to. If the planet/bed is close, it is much more advisable to lay them on said bed. If not, and you’re sure they’ll die soon, please hold on to them until they die, then administer a resurrection kiss.
- LET’S NOT BE AN ASS AND KILL EACH OTHER. Unless you’re planning to ascend to the GodTier, in which case it’s okay. But please kill them only if they’re ON the quest bed.
- Seers and Life players must always be at the core of every party. Do not attempt anything dangerous without either a Seer or a Life player.
- Remain in constant communication with different parties. This way, we can all update each other on what we have accomplished so far, and if we’re ready to confront the Black King.
- Don’t procrastinate; we have the fate of a universe in our hands.
- Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT confront the Black King and Queen alone, or even with a party. The attack on both royalties must be carefully organized; they will be prototyped a THOUSANDFOLD or more, and will probably kill an entire party of a hundred in a heartbeat.
- Keep an eye out for the Agents of Derse. If they rebel against their royalty, all good but make sure to keep an eye out for them even if they’re allied with us. You never know.
- Whoever ends up as our Ectobiologist/s, you guys know what to do. Just press the buttons.
- Derse players, listen to the HorrorTerrors. Prospit players, watch your Skaian clouds. And then please COMPARE NOTES together. We want to be able to isolate what we need to do and what can come later, and what may lead to our doom.
- Time players, please, PLEASE be responsible. If you are a Time Player, that means you are one of the most important players. We will need your support in stabilizing timeloops and keeping everyone in track.
Imagine the rings though.
this is the cutest thing i have ever read like we’re actually doing this this is so sweet i love this fandom
This is adorable as fuck, but at the same time… all of Homestuck fandom in a sburb session together would be like the worst school group project in the world. And you can’t even go off and impatiently do everything yourself because then everyone probably dies.
17. dont start any memos about whether it’s ok to kill people
18. now is not the time to check the kink meme
19. shut up it’s always time to check the kink meme
I WILL NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THAT PEOPLE UNLIKE ME EXIST EVEN IN FANTASY WORLDS AND/OR THE POST-APOCALYPTIC FUTURE, whispered the angry white teenage wannabe-novelist as she wrote a plea on her blog that people understand she’s Not Racist: She’s Colorblind. I WILL NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THAT THE PERCEPTIONS OF SOCIETY DICTATE HOW MY CHARACTERS’ POINTS OF VIEW WILL BE CRYSTALLIZED IN NARRATIVE, PERCEIVED BY THE READER, AND SHARED THROUGH THE FICTIONAL WORLD, she insists, THAT WOULD BE RACIST OF ME, AND I AM NOT RACIST: I AM COLORBLIND AS I IGNORE THAT YOU ARE A PoC EXPLAINING YOUR WORLDVIEW TO MY WHITE SELF.